Tune into nature, go with the natural ebb and flow of life.
Red wines best reflect the complexity of life as they are built in layers, much like experiences and relationships.
Shalestone Vineyards is not just a business, it is our creative outlet, an opportunity that allows us to create and control a life style of our own.
It is a joy to enhance the quality of life with our wine.
"Everything in Balance!"
"Red is All We Do!"
Our niche dry red wines are hand crafted by the Thomas family on the Eastern shores of Seneca Lake.
Shalestone’s goal is to make red wines that are uniquely different from the other leading wine regions of the world but just as complex.
The recognized potential of our shallow clay-rich soil and the unique climate of the Finger Lakes makes Shalestone Vineyards a unique and experienced winemaker in a burgeoning wine region.
Spending time with our customers in our relaxed atmosphere is a must. We cater to passionate wine drinkers, who are interesested in the process and philosophy.
Come in, relax and imerse yourselves in our beautiful and serene tasting room.
We encourage our guests to taste and savor our wines, to create dialogue and stimulate the senses.
Due to the size of our tasting room and our tasting philosophy, groups of 4+ are highly discouraged. We appreciate your respecting this.
Opening in 2020:
We are excited to be open in 2020 by reservation only! We have missed our customers and look forward to welcoming you back.
We will be open for tastings and wine by the glass with modified operations. With the current change in NYS guidelines, things will look a little different around our tasting room but our wines and team are ready to provide you with a safe and enjoyable experience. Please take a moment to review the new requirements below.
Hours: Fridays and Saturdays 12-5pm by Reservation Only
- Reservations are required: To schedule a reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 607.279.4474 with requested date, time, party size and phone number.
- Tastings will be available on the hour and if space allows, we will try to accommodate guests without a reservation, but space is VERY limited at this time.
- Reservations may not be guaranteed if guests arrive 10 minutes late or more. At that point, your reservation will be open to a walk-in customer.
- There is a maximum group size of 4 people.
- The tasting flight is $10 dollar per guest. Tasting fee will be collected at checkout and is refundable on the purchase of 6 bottles per person.
- To allow for sufficient time to clean and sanitize between guest visits, we kindly ask that your tasting experience does not exceed 45 minutes.
- To maintain proper social distancing, we ask that your entire party remain in your seating area during your tasting experience. A face covering must be worn when not in your area as per NYS guidelines.
We would like to extend our gratitude for your continued support as a Shalestone Vineyards customer. During this reopening process, we appreciate your patience and cooperation as we navigate and adhere to the new guidelines. Please visit our website and Facebook for updates and additional hours as we move into summer. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Wines can be purchased year round by calling 607.279.6065. Check shipping information for mail orders.